Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Being Too Successful on Amazon





It's been a good year for Jack's Notebook. I've received about a dozen reviews on Amazon, all five stars with the exception of one four star. I got an email recently saying that it looked unrealistic and that it wasn't kosher to have all your friends do reviews. I do know about half my reviewers, or at least have met them. The other half were unsolicited, so I'm not sure what to do to look better -- encourage a few negative reviews? See:http://www.amazon.com/review/product/0785221662/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?%5Fencoding=UTF8&coliid=&showViewpoints=1&colid=&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

I heard recently from a couple of non-reviewing readers who've been inspired to do specific things because of Jack's Notebook. One started a chapter of the American Creativity Association in Greenville, North Carolina. Another asked me to generate ideas for Job Finding, which I posted on this blog. That post stimulated a podcast, several emails, and an invitation to talk about my ideas on a Chicago radio show.

Best of luck to everyone in the new year, let's make 2008 a year of creative and innovative solutions, big and small. All the best...

1 comment:

My Half Of said...

Well, I wasn't your "friend" (except finding you on Twitter) before you sent me a copy to review. Jack's Notebook is just...fantastic & interesting! It's great idea that was well executed, and that's that.